Thursday, October 24, 2019

Side Verandah Makeover: One Week Challenge - the week four slump


Week four was always my favourite part of the One Room Challenge when I was just an outside observer. By this point I had an idea of which designs I loved and was desperate to see finish, which I admired or liked but wasn't as invested in, and which ones I wasn't going to bother seeing to the end. Let me tell you, it is NOT my favourite part as a guest participant!

I'm taking part in the One Room Challenge, a design event where 20 featured designers and countless guest participants transform a single space over 6 weeks.  Check out all the other great designs at the One Room Challenge blog.

Catch up with previous weeks of my side verandah plans
Week One       Week Two      Week Three


Some of the inital momentum is wearing off, the six weeks I thought would be fairly 'empty' suddenly had outside obligations cropping up, and the remaining 'to-do' list doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  This week I've had my son home sick from school for a few days, my mum arriving in the country from overseas, and a few mistakes and miscommunications. I have managed to start the stencilling on the verandah and buy and commission a few things I need, but generally it has been a slow week.
About halfway done

I have so much left to do, I really don't know what I'll have done by the week 6 reveal!

  • Finish the stenciling
  • Paint the potting bench
  • Paint and assemble the new storage cupboard 
  • Buy and spray paint some more pots
  • Finish choosing plants
  • Find chairs/table/plant stand on fb marketplace 
  • Make movable plant frame for in front of gas meters
  • Decide on how to store bike/scooter and implement that
  • Finish choosing and buying accessories
  • Put everything back on the verandah and take pictures
  • Week 5 and week 6 blog posts


When I list it all out, it still seems fairly overwhelming.  Not to mention in some cases reliant on luck.  So fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment