This post is really going to be a round up of selected makes from the last few months
|A baby sunhat in cute spotted cotton|
|Zinnia hat, from a 1962 Australian Women's Weekly pattern|
I've been crocheting some 1960s hats from patterns from the Australian Women's Weekly. Above is a 'zinnia hat' - the original was yellow with red flowers and I've made it in a slightly more subdued fawn and burgundy colour scheme. Below is the charmingly quirky 'field flower hat' which I've made in very close to the colours suggested in the original. I may redo the pompoms on this one, as I think I'd like them to be fuller. Both of these hats will be listed in my etsy shop soon.
|Field flower hat|
|Close up of the field flower hat|
Several years ago, I treated myself to a 'I've finally finished the PhD present' and went to a ten day embroidery convention run by Koala Conventions. One of the two-day courses I did was on Mountmellick work and I did a beautiful design. Well I have finally made it up into the bolster cushion it was designed to be!
|The finished Mountmellick bolster.|
|Close up of sleeve under construction - and the amazing lace!|
A lot of my crafting and blogging time has been curtailed by actual paid work now that my son is at preschool two days a week. Still, actual paid work has funded the purchase of some clothing patterns that I really, really wanted, so I hope to be blogging about those makes soon. I'm also having some bad days on my medications, which eats into the time I have too.